Front-end Membership Modules
Front-end Membership Modules wordpress plugin allows you to easily extend the authentication layer of your wordpress website. One of the main features of this plugin is to display the Login form, Register form with custom form fields, Edit Profile Form with custom form fields and user avatar uploads, Reset password form and Logout features on the front-end of your website.
This plugin allows you to integrate Social Media Connect like Facebook Connect, Login and Register via Twitter, Google and LinkedIn with custom profile fields.
Here’s a list of all features that comes with this plugin:
Front-end Authentication Layer
You can enable login, register, edit profile, reset password and logout features from the front end of your website.
Social Media Connect
You can enable Login and Register via Various Social Media Services and allow users to login and register via these social services with just one click. You can enforce user to fillup the registration form after connecting via social service or let them update custom form fields via edit profile shortcode page.
Available Social Media Connect Services
OpenID, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Live, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Github, LastFM, Vimeo, Viadeo, Identica, Tumblr, Goodreads, QQ, Sina, Murmur, Pixnet, Plurk, Skyrock, Geni, FamilySearch, MyHeritage, px500, Vkontakte, Mail.ru, Yandex, Odnoklassniki, Instagram, TwitchTV, Steam
Multiple Registration Forms & Roles
This plugin allows to create multiple registration forms with different custom fields for each form and you can choose default user role for the forms. Once a user register with a form, user data will be saved to usermeta table and new user will be assigned the specified role for the site.
Multiple Registration Types
This plugin allows to modify the default Registration method in two different ways. Along with the normal registration method, you can configure your website to accept only approved new user accounts or make your wordpress website invitation only. With approvals required method, new user accounts will only be created once you approve the request from the plugin settings, similarly with invitation only setup, new user can register to your website only if admin approve the invitation request.
Custom Registration and Edit Profile Form Fields
With this plugin you can include a lot of custom form fields in Registration Form, Edit Profile Form and Invitation Request Form. There are about 28 types (HTML form field types, Social Media Profiles, wordpress default fields, Address fields and custom HTML, heading and paragraphs) of custom form fields that you can use including custom HTML where you can add more form fields and the data will be saved in wp_usermeta table. You can also import/export custom fields to use the similar setup on different websites.
Custom Profile Pictures or Gravatars
You can choose between Gravatars or custom profile picture uploads from the plugin settings. For custom uploads, you can also setup the filetypes allowed for user avatars and enable them on registration or edit profile forms.
Verifying Email Addresses
You can choose to enable verify email address before a new user account is created, this helps to reduce spam users to get access to users only area of your website.
Fully Customizable Email Messages
You can customize all email messages (via WYSIWYG editor) sent to the user while registration process, approvals or invitations requests and reset password.
Spam Protection for all forms
This plugin comes with two different methods to avoid spam. Custom Question and Answer check and New Google reCaptcha which can be easily setup via Plugin Settings page.
Override wordpress Default Auth Behaviour and Admin Dashboard Access
You can choose to redirect the users to front-end forms when they try to access the default wordpress authentication pages. Also, You can choose, who can access the wordpress Admin Dashboard, if any role is not selected, the user will be redirected to website’s homepage. You can also choose to enable of disable wordpress Admin Bar for all users from the backend.
Sync User Profile fields with Custom Registration and Edit profile fields
You can choose to sync custom form fields created via this plugin with wordpress User profile fields and let user and admins update these custom fields from either back-end or front-end.
Restricted Content based on user login status
You can choose to restrict entire site, certain pages, posts, categories, taxonomies, tags etc. only for logged in users, where as visitors will be redirected to login page when they try to access the members only content of your wordpress website. This plugin also comes with a few shortcodes that can help you toggle the content within a page or post based on the user login status.
Dynamic User Data within any page or post
If you would like to personalise content on a page, post or sidebar text widget with user information, you can use shortcodes that come with this plugin to display user data for the current logged in user.
Bulk Update or Insert New Users
This plugin enables and easy way to update existing users or insert new users via .CSV uploads.
Multiple Password Generation and Reset Password Methods
While registration you can allow users to generate a custom password for their account or setup the system to generate a random password for them. In both cases users will get an email with their login information. You can also specify a minimum character length for passwords.
Multiple Recover Password Methods
You can also choose to sent login information to users via email or send them a confirmation link to create new password when they try to recover their password via this plugin.
Multiple Logout Methods
You can choose between Single Click logout or display a Custom Logout Message before users can logout on logout page.
Multiple Navigation Menu Locations
This plugin registers two new menu locations for only visitors and logged in users on your WordPress installation. This will allow you to change the navigation menus on your website based on the user login status.
Custom Sidebar Text Widget
This plugin comes with a widget that you can use to display content based on the user logged in status. You can also disable this widget for either logged in users or visitors. You can also use any WordPress Shortcode and HTML tags in the message textarea of this widget.
Ajax form validation and login, register
You can choose enable form validation, user login and registration via AJAX.
Password Strength Meter
You can choose to display, password strength notification besides password fields on registration and create new password forms.
Login & Register forms in pop-up/modal box
You can easily enable this feature from backend and add specified css classes to any link or button to display the login and register form plus your custom content in a modal box.
Delete User Shortcode
You can add this shortcode to user’s edit profile page and if they click the Delete Account button, their account and data will be deleted from the site. This is optional, you can use this if you want this feature for your website.
You can enable Woocommerce integration to include custom registration fields on Woocommerce registrationa and checkout pages.
Localisation and Translation Ready
You can easily translate this plugin in your own language. Localisation includes all text in back end, front end and messages.
Easily import Export Plugin Settings
If you have multiple licenses for this product, you can easily export and import plugin settings and custom form fields from plugin settings page.
This plugin comes with a Setup Assistant which will help you with step by step setting up this plugin on your website and provide links to documentation page for further reading.
Upgrades & Change Log
Version 1.6.8 ~ Sept 01, 2015 | (via Envato & WordPress Upgrades)
- Optimized code to work with WordPress version 4.3.
- Added an option to use social avatar as default if user is logged in via any social network, defaults to WordPress Gravatars.
- Added an option to send default emails as HTML newsletter styles.
- Fixed signup by email without username on AJAX forms.
- Updated auto create pages setup with all shortcode options.
Version 1.6.7 ~ July 16, 2015 | (WordPress Upgrades)
- Fixed password strength meter on reset password form
- Optimized JS code for alert and confirm messages for delete account shortcode
- Added a feature to resend verification email upon login for awaiting email verification accounts
- Fixed social media shortcode all services button classes
Version 1.6.6 ~ June 05, 2015 | (WordPress Upgrades)
- Fixed the usermeta shortcode to return the last login meta key in date foramat instead of time integer value.
- Fixed ajax functions for registration form.
- Fixed account awaiting approval message on custom auth page.
- Changed form field bulk update to keep user login and user email as required fields.
- Added an option to track invited users for invitations registration type.
- Added an option to remove username field from the registration form. A unique username based on email address will be created as WordPress require username.
- Fixed password strength meter display issue.
- Fixed logout issue with default permalink settings.
Version 1.6.5 ~ Apr 30, 2015 | (WordPress Upgrades)
- Fixed logout re-direct issues afer WordPress 4.2 upgrade.
- Fixed user url field upgrade issue on edit profile page.
- Added placeholder strings for recover password and new password fields.
- Upgraded TGM Plugin Activation class to the latest version to fix globally spread security issues.
- Changed new form no-fields screen to create required fields automatically if removed by accident.
- Removed remove field link for required registration form fields.
Version 1.6.4 ~ Apr 24, 2015 | (WordPress Upgrades API & Envato)
- Fixed compatibility issues with WordPress 4.2 (importANT)
- Fixed auth page issue with custom homepage on some servers.
- Optimized bandwidth usage for websites with large number of users.
- Fixed frontend_forms function to avoid any illegal offset warnings.
- Fixed social login scope for Facebook and Google
Version 1.6.3.01 ~ Apr 22, 2015 | (WordPress Upgrades API)
- Fixed registration issue of displaying post data on page. (MUST UPGRADE)
Version 1.6.3 ~ Apr 21, 2015 | (WordPress Upgrades API)
- Fixed logout shortcode for direct logout redirection issue.
- Fixed css to make all fields same size.
- Fixed Google reCaptcha language settings.
- Fixed admin translation issues.
- Fixed role based redirects.
- Added an option to easily create translation files with loco-translate (https://wordpress.org/plugins/loco-translate/) plugin. Some strings may not work which will be fixed in upcoming versions.
Version 1.6.2 ~ Apr 04, 2015 | (WordPress Upgrades API)
- Added option to select specific language for Google reCaptcha.
- Added new shortcode to fetch user avatar url or image.
- Added options to redirect users based on their user roles and override redirect url in shortcodes after login.
- Added an option to force strong passwords for registraiton, edit profile and reset password forms.
- Added password strength meter on Auth Page.
- Fixed admin CSS issues to work with other plugins and theme frameworks.
- Fixed shortcode generator UI.
- Fixed multiple reCaptcha fields on same page.
- Upgraded HybridAuth to the latest version.
Version 1.6.1 ~ Mar 07, 2015
- Enabled bulk updates on customize fields for common parameters.
- Fixed user avatar display on edit profile form.
- Added an option to restrict Woocommerce pages only to loggedin users.
- Fixed port issues to work on localhost.
- Added an option to reset purchase code to use on another site.
Version 1.6.0 ~ Mar 02, 2015
- Framework bootstrap integration fix.
Version 1.5.9 ~ Feb 24, 2015
- Upgraded shortcode generator api.
- Fixed user role issues while new registrations via ajax forms.
- Fixed password fields on profile page for automatic password generation.
- Added a feature to re-validate license key to fix automatic upgrade issues.
- Updated variable list to make it more clear on the usage instructions.
- Optimized auth page setup and redirect Urls.
Version 1.5.8 ~ Feb 21, 2015
- Fixed ajax forms on custom auth page.
- Fixed ajax errors display on all forms.
- Fixed email verification process on custom auth page.
- Added required field text on spam protection fields.
- Added required field text on spam protection fields.
Version 1.5.7 ~ Feb 20, 2015
- Optimised upgrades API and push notificaitons.
Version 1.5.6 ~ Feb 20, 2015
- Quick fix for custom auth page registration bug.
Version 1.5.5 ~ Feb 18, 2015
- Fixed auth page social connect content.
- Fixed alert messages css issues.
- Removed form elements boxes width and Added an option to specify max width for the forms.
- Fixed default WordPress custom fields field type box.
Version 1.5.4 ~ Feb 17, 2015
- Enabled purchase code verification for automatic upgrades.
- Upgraded framework to enhance the visuals.
- Added a function to populate empty form fields for new forms.
- Added auth page with default template.
- Added a lot of options to stylize all forms generated by this plugin.
- Fixed password processes while registration.
- Enabled localization for password strength strings.
- Fixed custom avatar issues with registration forms.
- Added an option to remove invitation requests without sending declined messages.
- Added an option to remove approval requests without sending declined messages.
- Enabled placeholders for login form.
- Enabled placeholders for registration form.
- Enabled placeholders for edit profile form.
- Enabled fontawesome icons for login form.
- Enabled fontawesome icons for registration form.
- Enabled fontawesome icons for edit profile form.
- Added disabled attribute for submit buttons when using ajax forms.
- Implemented loading notification for ajax forms.
- Removed option to completely disable admin bar for everyone.
- Added an option to disable admin for specific user roles.
- Added date field for custom form fields.
- Enhanced import export users modules for CSV files generation.
- Enabled wpautop for in logout shortcode with message option.
- Added an option to override admin email for plugin notification messages (defaults to current admin_email).
Version 1.5.3 ~ Jan 25, 2015
- Added an option to include custom formID within login and edit profile shortcodes.
- Optimized social login process to handle a few exceptions generated by hybridauth.
Version 1.5.2 ~ Jan 23, 2015
- Fixed CSS styles for alert messages.
- Added has-error css class to fields to enhance UI & UX.
- Fixed edit profile required field issues.
Version 1.5.1 ~ Jan 09, 2015
- Fixed CSS Issues for form and social connect buttons.
Version 1.5.0 ~ Jan 09, 2015
- Upgraded to new Google reCaptcha API for spam protection.
- Upgraded framework to support product add-ons.
- Optimized CSS and HTML code for login, register, edit profile and reset password forms.
- Fixed admin message new user custom fields in admin notification email.
- Added option to create multiple registration and profile forms based on user roles.
- Optimised the registration and profile shortcode to include fields based on custom form and user roles.
- Optimised Sync WordPress Profile fields based on custom form and user roles.
- Included remember me checkbox for login form.
- Optimized user avatar field based on gravatar and custom upload selection.
- Optimized Export Users function to include custom user meta fields.
- Added an option to export user meta fields with Export Users functions.
- Updated import/export custom forms and form fields.
- Optimized Social Connect Process for all providers.
- Added all HybridAuth Social Connect Providers.
Version 1.4.9 ~ Dec 21, 2014
- Added options to restrict custom post types, such as product in case of woocommerce.
- Added css ID to form field containers.
- Optimized wp_mail function for HTML emails.
- Fixed AJAX conflicts on certain occasions.
Version 1.4.8 ~ Nov 30, 2014
- Fixed framework auto upgrade class to avoid conflict with other CSSJockey products.
Version 1.4.7 ~ Nov 29, 2014
- Upgraded framework for automatic upgrades via WordPress dashboard.
- Fixed social media custom fields for registration and edit profile forms.
- Fixed custom avatar fallback from placehold.it image to WordPress gravatar.
Version 1.4.6 ~ Oct 29, 2014
- Updated push notifications setup in framework.
- Updated product welcome screen with useful links.
- Fixed typo in error messages.
- Fixed login via email as well as username.
- Added an option to specify forgot password link text in login form shortcode.
- Added the plugin version in enqueue scripts and styles to identify which version is installed on client’s website.
- Added Check for Upgrades function under Home Icon on plugin settings page.
Version 1.4.5 ~ Oct 23, 2014
- Fixed plugin setup callback order in core framework.
- Fixed avatar fallback issue.
Version 1.4.4 ~ Oct 20, 2014
- Fixed custom avatar size issue.
- Added all email message for editing via plugin settings.
- Added option to restrict file size for avatar uploads.
- Fixed backslashes for custom field labels and descriptions.
- Fixed automatic page setup with updated shortcodes.
- Fixed modal boxes for mobile and tablets.
- Fixed maintenance mode for mobile and tablets.
- Fixed required fields errors for checkbox and radio buttons on ajax forms.
- Fixed disable default WordPress admin pages issue.
- Fixed text widget shortcode issue.
Version 1.4.3 ~ Oct 2, 2014
- Fixed setup assistant issue.
- Added option to restrict file size for avatar uploads.
Version 1.4.2 ~ Sept 26, 2014
- Fixed ajax login redirect issue.
- Fixed user_role function to return correct user role on site.
- Fixed role based dashboard access.
- Added custom redirect option to page links shortcode.
- Added a new shortcode to delete user’s own account.
- Fixed frontend form checkbox, radio buttons to cater links e.g. terms and conditions.
- Added custom form fields to bbPress edit profile page.
- Fixed custom avatars to work with WordPress comments, bbPress Forums.
- Fixed SSL Url issues for all shortcodes and functions.
Version 1.4.1 ~ Aug 21, 2014
- Fixed a few small bugs and compatibility issues.
- Added Woocommerce Integration.
- Added Ajax validation for forms.
- Added Login & Register forms in pop-up/modal box.
- Added Password strength meter on registration form.
- Removed option to send password via email, security fix.
- Added feature to send new user registration notification email to admin.
- Fixed reset password key issue for existing users while password recovery.
- Added Full website restriction except auth pages for visitors.
- Added feature to redirect users to a custom Url after Social Connect.
- Social Media OAuth library replaced from opauth to HybridAuth to include more features and bug fixes.
- Fixed issues reported by users.
- Fixed cjfm_user_meta shortcode.
- New attribute meta_key implemented instead of key to resolve the conflict.
- Fixed translation issues.
- Fixed multiple checkbox issue.
- Fixed reset password confirmation key issue.
- Optimized for WordPress multisite install.
- Verified and optimized the code for required checkboxes.
- Initial release.