Video Link Checker – Detect broken urls from YouTube, DailyMotion, SoundCloud, Vimeo, etc.
Detect broken videos from YouTube, DailyMotion, Hulu, MixCloud, SoundCloud and Vimeo!
It does this by extracting video IDs from each post and querying the video site APIs to ensure those IDs are still valid. This is a MUST for any video site that wants to retain their visitors and not annoy them with broken content.
The truth is videos are uploaded and removed frequently – either by the user or the site itself for usage violations. If this happens to a video you have embedded on your site, your visitors are going to see broken content instead of the video they expected. Don’t let that happen.
You can scan on demand or let the plugin automatically scan on its own in the background, notifying you of any issues.
Numerous options to support custom post types, post statuses, embedded urls, video links, custom meta fields, email reports, and more.
Plug and play! The plugin comes with default API keys for YouTube, SoundCloud and Vimeo – no need to register for your own unless you want to.
Developer friendly! Include the functionality when coding your own theme, plugin or project.
Quick video on how the Video Link Checker works:
How is this different from the Broken Link Checker plugin?
It’s a great plugin, but it only reports links that are not found. Video Link Checker verifies directly through the API if the video is also DELETED, REJECTED, NOT EMBEDDABLE, moved to PRIVATE, etc. Broken link checker does not, and will NOT report those videos are broken. Broken Link Checker also does not recognize some of the video url formats. Video Link Checker makes sure it finds them all.
Make sure your visitors don’t find broken videos like these embedded on YOUR site!
Scan your Content
Video Link Checker uses advanced pattern matching on post content and meta fields for video urls, whether they’re in iframe codes, object codes, shortcodes, or just by themselves. Those that match YouTube, DailyMotion, Hulu, MixCloud, SoundCloud or Vimeo will be queried through those APIs to verify current status and determine if they are valid or broken.
Here are some example video url formats just from YouTube:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GRQzhFBCot4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLrEnWoR732-BHrPp_Pm8_VleD68f9s14-" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Results logged and optionally emailed to you.
Support for custom video plugin wordpress Video Gallery
= 1.4.2 Released April 10th, 2016 =
- Ensure meta fields search for both video links and video embeds.
= 1.4.1 Released March 28th, 2016 =
- function check for apache_get_modules for certain PHP builds.
= 1.4 Released March 27th, 2016 =
- if changing post status, stop wordpress KSES from stripping suspect code.
- show debug/error messages if running from command line.
- changed ‘vlc_scan_posts’ filter and added ‘vlc_scan_max_posts’ filter.
- Settings: show info message if mod_php5 not found.
- replaced curl with wp_remote_get
- pages will now be checked separately if a category is selected.
= 1.3.3 Released February 23rd, 2016 =
- Report: Do not show edit link if broken post sent to Trash.
- Report: Show post status if it is not published.
- Bugfix: don’t report playlistIDs if API Error.
- Report curl error if unable to connect to Envato API.
= 1.3.2 Released January 26th, 2016 =
- Bugfix: use correct post ID when changing post status.
= 1.3.1 Released December 30th, 2015 =
- Added DISABLE_WP_CRON check when trying to enable Scheduler.
- Bugfix: include_once plugin.php for is_plugin_active() via cron.
= 1.3 Released December 4th, 2015 =
- Added ability to select posts by category.
- Added ‘su_youtube_advanced’ to recognized embed shortcodes.
- If Video API call returns error (such as timeout), set video status to API ERROR.
- Envato API class tweak
= 1.2 Released November 15th, 2015 =
- Added command line scan available to avoid hardset mod_fcgid timeouts.
- Tweak for embed shortcode url detection.
- Added support for custom post stati.
- Added shortcode check to verify it is used for embedding.
- Recognized embed shortcodes: embed, video, jwplayer, fvplayer, embedyt, flowplayer, videojs, mbYTPlayer.
- Added filter ‘vlc_embed_shortcodes’ to add custom shortcodes recognized as embeds.
- Fix for determining single line urls as embeds.
- filter vlc_scan_posts tweaked.
- Data saved to tmp files instead of memory.
- Plugin will automatically extend PHP max script time as needed using mod_php.
- Will try to create empty logfile if it does not exist.
= 1.1 Released November 2nd, 2015 =
- Added YouTube status notification for unlisted yet still valid videos.
- Added Plugin Update Checker for automatic updates.
- Separated Options into tabs for easier management.
- Added YouTube check for embeddable boolean value.
- Added support for [wordpress Video Gallery](https://wordpress.org/plugins/contus-video-gallery/).
-  links work directly in scan report if logged in.
- Email reports will be sent FROM the admin email specified in wordpress Settings->General->Email Address.
- Buttons for support and review. Changed buttons to primary color.
- Removed rawurldecode call on content. Allow hexcodes in regex patterns.
- MixCloud – tweak regex pattern for !thumbnail subdomain.
= 1.0 Released September 22nd, 2015 =